Monday 6 October 2008

Ross Wordhouse - Best Piece


This image was taken by Ross Wordhouse and is a shot of Sparks Lake and South Sister and was taken on the 4th of July 2003. The subject matter of this photo is that of a mountain with a lake and show in the foreground. This image will have a large depth of field so that the mountain and rocks are still in focus. Also this is an image that has been constructed from a number of photos taken every 30◦ so that when the image is assembled it creates a panoramic image. When I look at this photo of Ross’s it makes me think we should appreciate the views that we have because sooner or later they could be gone may that be because of global warming or war. When I look at these photos it makes me think of the artist Phillip Bartlett series of mountain panoramic photos. The artwork of Ross has inspired me to take the photos at just the right time because the way in which the clouds are lined up so well makes the photo so much better. This has given me an idea at a site along Seaford seafront where I can try his techniques.

No comments: