Monday 16 November 2009

Ask The Guy Who Attaches The Billboards

After researching billboards over the weekend i have come to the conclusion that the most common billboard size is a 48 sheet which is 6096mm x 3048mm . Therefore after seeing billboards this size many of times in and around places i feel that this is the size i will make my printed billboard.

Then i got confused on my way to college looking at the Lewes train station billboards because after looking at so many sizes i had all these figures going round in my head and wondered weather the Lewes billboards were a 48 sheet board. Then I saw that a new advert was being attached to the board by a worker therefore i thought instead of getting confused just go up and ask the worker and he assured me that the boards opposite Lewes station were a 48 sheet board. This means that when it comes into adding our completed images to the situation of being placed on a billboard i can take a photo of this board and know that it is the right size.

This also helps me when it comes to planning the size of my billboard advert because it does not have to be the same size but to scale therefore if the original size is...

6096mm x 3048mm

I could make it a tenth of the size and it would be

60.96cm x 30.48cm

No comments: