Friday 9 January 2009

Evaluation


Looking back on this project I fell that I have controlled this project very well. The reason that I say this is because I look back at my blog and see that I have spread each part of the project over an appropriate space of time to complete it. I feel that my visually researching two or three artists from each category in the beginning helped me establish an artist to base m project around. I also feel that by creating my box first I got that not so easy craft work out the way and the way that I knew it would work was by creating dummy models of the postcards, essay, poster and leaflet. Then by creating the documents that I needed to get printed at blow up which was my leaflet and poster so that in the first week of the holidays I could go and get them printed.

The part of the project that I feel went the best was my box and wrapping paper. The reason that I say this is because with my box I have learned how to assemble a box with measurements. I am very happy with my wrapping paper because this was something that was developed and not just my first try. And m idea of using two different sized tap and bulb is another idea I am pleased with. The part of the project that I am not so please with is my postcards because they were the best quality images that I could find and then had to be stretched which have made them slightly pixelated.

Looking back on the software used I feel that I have developed my skills further. I say this because I have developed my tracing skills in Illustrator, the layout in Photoshop, and my InDesign skill with text wrap and layout of my essay. Other skill that I have developed is my craft skill with making the box and cutting the paper for my wrapping paper. And my printing skills have been developed with making the paper through an ink jet printer. I also feel that my skills in identifying sympathetic fonts have improved as well. Over all I am very happy with the end result of this project.

No comments: